Did You Scratch Your Eye?
Learn what to do until your walk-in appointment at TSO Fall Creek in Humble, Texas
Have you ever felt like something’s in your eye, but you couldn’t find it?
Maybe your eye is red and tearing. These are all indications that you may have scratched your eye. If you think that you have scratched your eye for any reason, there are a few things that you should know. First of all, you should never rub your eye. Rubbing your eye in a case like this can do more harm and possibly cause permanent damage.
If a child is the one that scratched their eye, take steps to ensure that they do not rub it. If it’s an infant that scratches their eye, we recommend swaddling them until they can be seen by a TSO Fall Creek optometrist. Here are a few do’s and don’ts regarding a scratch on the eye.
- Monday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
* We are closed weekdays from 1PM - 2PM for lunch.